Tarragon, Artemisia dracunculus
Tarragon is a green perennial shrub that is native to most of the Northern Hemisphere including Europe, Asia, India, western North America and parts of northern Mexico. Common names of Tarragon are estragon, french tarragon, and little dragon. Tarragon is a common french cooking herb with many medicinal values.
A gentle remedy for ailments of the mouth, digestive tract and sleep patterns, Tarragon is a valued herb for its soothing and alleviating properties. It contains eugenol, a compound with numbing effects that has been used throughout history for toothaches and mouth sores. Tarragon also has a lovely effect on the stomach, said to awaken the appetite while also improving digestion by stimulating the release of bile from the liver. It is a mild sedative, helping to relieve anxiety and stress and promote peaceful rest. In addition, it is vitamin and nutrient-rich, adding a wholesome spectrum of health to your daily tea or dish.
- Eases toothaches
- Awakens the appetite
- Cleanses the kidneys
- Relieves digestive problems
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Prevents clot formation inside tiny blood vessels of heart and brain
- Rich in vitamin A, B-complex and C
- High in calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, and zinc