Coffee, Coffea arabica
Coffee is a small tree, growing up to 15 feet high. It blooms twice a year in its native subtropical regions, bearing small red fruits with coffee beans inside.
Contrary to popular culture, we utilize both the fruit and bean of our Coffee plants, processing them by hand and slowly curing them in our solar dehydrators which maintains their medicinal constituents. Together, the fruit and bean create a synergy of antioxidant power that is thwarted when processed (roasting) or used separately.
Raw Coffee bean and fruit contain not only high amounts of antioxidants and polyphenols that support anti-aging and overall health, they have also been found to increase the production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). BDNF is a critical protein that supports the brain’s neurons and enhances memory and learning.
Raw Coffee bean also contains moderate amounts of caffeine that provides a clean energy boost without taxing the arenal and nervous system. Chlorogenic acid is also present in raw Coffee, which is normally lost during the roasting process, and contributes to increased metabolism and weight loss.
- Supports weight loss
- Increases mental clarity
- Provides a clean energy boost
- Eliminates free radicals from the body
- Increases metabolism
- Reduces blood pressure
- Nourishes and moisturizes skin
- Supports brain health and cognitive functioning
- Prevent Alzheimer’s and degenerative diseases
- High in polyphenols
- High in brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)
- Rich in fatty acids and esters
- Contains caffeine
- Contains chlorogenic acid (usually lost during the commercial roasting process)